tirsdag 10. mars 2015

Day 33: Tokyo Metropolitan University (首都大学東京, Shuto Daigaku Tōkyō)

Hello!

So today I went to my University for the first time! I was actually a little late because I took the "wrong" train. And by that I mean, I took the semi-express instead of the express. And it was a huuuge difference! Instead of taking 30 min. it took almost 1 hour... Oh well, it was ok either way. 
From the trainstation Minamiosawara there is just a bridge then you're at the university! At first I though that this was a very deserted place, but at the campus there was restaurants and shoppingmalls. 

I'm an exchange student at the:
  • Division of Humanities and Intercultural Studies
  • School of Humanities and Social Sciences
  • Faculty of Urban Liberal Arts
And I will be living at the International Student House Share Place Seiseki-Sakuragaoka. 

Here is the entrance from the station


For today I only had to pick up some documents I need. 

Here are some pictures from the campus. There are different areas for the different faculties.











 This is on the way back to the station that I came from.












 There are many restaurants and shopping stores and malls.


 I ate takoyaki for lunch, and it was very good! Not too expensive either. I was by my self and I was looking forward to take a brake inside because it was very cold. An old japanese man started talking to me, and he was curious what I did there, if I speak japanese, where I came from, how long I'm going to stay in Japan, etc. He was very nice, but I really wanted to just eat my lunch! Haha. I have a thing by attracting old japanese men, I don't know if that's a bad thing or not, haha! Either way, we talked for a bit, before I did some shopping at the mall.

Here's my takoyaki:


 It was sunny (but cold) and in the distance it looked like a storm! It didn't start to rain though.


 I bought a gift for Jimmy! Two cat cups that he can have at his place :) He likes cats so why not~






Later we met in Shinjuku and ate dinner. I told Jimmy to meet me in Shibuya, when I actually meant Shinjuku... I sometimes mix up those two places... Luckly it's only 2 stations away so... We ate at Ootoya :) But I didn't take any pictures.

Tomorrow, I'm going to send some stuff in the mail, transfer money to the university, and change my tourist visa to student visa.

じゃ、またね!
*ビッキー*

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar