onsdag 4. mars 2015

Day 27: Nagoya Castle and Osu street

Hello!

So today I woke up about 11 o'clock, and my Host Mother was so kind she made me breakfast! 
It was very nice and we talked about what I wanted to do today. Since I like traditional things I wanted to go to Nagoya Castle! So we made a plan: first go to the Jinja Shrine together, then I'll take the train to Nagoya Castle and then go to Osu shopping district. My Host Mother printed out information about Nagoya Castle including which train to take etc! So helpfull :D

Jinja Shrine




At the Jinja Shrine, there were many huge mochis, and some people were working on the the biggest one.
Mochi (?) is Japanese rice cake made of mochigome, a short-grain japonica glutinous rice. The rice is pounded into paste and molded into the desired shape.




 Many people gave money and prayed
 To the Shrine was a big line!
 The street by the shrine was filled with small food booths


I had to wait for my Host mother because she was parking her car. While waiting I talked to some old men. They found my eyes very beautiful and were very curious about me :) It's always nice to meet new people! I payed 100 yen to draw my future luck. And I got the best luck there is! It's always fun when it's good!  After this I was shown the way to the train and I went by my self ^^ I found the way!
I was there around 13:15, and the enterance fee was only 500 yen. If you want you can join a tour free of charge. Since I was going alone I wanted to join a tour, and it turned out to be a private tour because I was the only one xD It was very nice and I learned a lot about the Castle.



A big part is under reconstruction, but we could go inside a small part of it. They use the same material and technique as when it was built. 











 This is a wall with the name of the donaters
 We could see some of the workingprogress



The main castle



This is the inside:
We went up to the observation deck first and went down from there





 I bought souvenirs for Jimmy and my sister :)







 Here you could see if you would have been strong enough to drag stones, as they did when the Castle was built. Amd yes, I did it ;)




 This is the picture of when it was burned down











After the tour we bought ice cream. I bought Sakura flavour (cherry blossom) and the guide bought soda flavour. 
Selfie with the tourguide!
The last pictures of the Castle


After the tour I went to Osu street (again, with help from my Host Morher)




























My Host Mother made katsudon and miso soup for dinner! It was very good! But it was a little embarrassing that the kids ate more dinner than me D: Maybe because I ate too many snacks? After dinner we saw Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind and ate fruit. 
  
I also got to meet my Host Father today. I think he work alot :)
Tomorrow I'll visit the school! So I can't show any pictures~~ 
じゃ、またね!
*ビッキー*

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar