lørdag 28. februar 2015

Day 23: Language exchange and visiting Hiro

Hello!

So today I had my language exchange in Ichigaya, Shinjuku. It took about 40 minutes to get to the place we were going to meet. It was at the Borderless House building, since they're the one organizing the meeting. My partner was Moe, a japanese girl that wanted to learn english. Jimmy was so nice to travel with me, because I was afraif of not finding the place. But we did find it! :D So at the meeting we startet with a little self intoduction and filled out some paper work. Then it was 20 minutes talking japanese and then 20 minutes talking 20 english. But the thing was that we were on a very different levels. I could speak a lot more japanese than she could speak english. That wouldn't necessary be a problem, but she was very shy! So I think she was a little afraid to try (and maybe fail)... I spoke a lot of japanese, even when I know it's wrong. As long as she understands it's a good start. So the employee at Borderless had to translate a lot, but we did manage to speak together. We were both going back to the station and taking the train to Akihabara. And on the way there we actually spoke more than we almost did during the whole meeting xD Haha. We scheduled to meet in a week at her shared house. I'm going to study some more for the meeting! :D



After being in Ichigaya I took the train to Asakusabashi (one stop after Akihabara) to visit Hiro! And this we could actually meet :P It was so nice to meet his daughter Aimi! I brought norwegian chocolate and mom's gift to Aimi. Mom knitted a hat and sweater in the "Marius"-pattern, with norway's colors: red, white and blue. Yuki and Hiro were super happy for the gift, even if the sweater was a little big.

 






Yuki made a delicious dinner! It was so good! :D We also ate alot of snacks! I ate candied beans...yeah! BEANS! It was actually pretty good! 


I also got to try japanese calligraphy~ I tried to write Aimi's name, but it came out horrible! Haha! I tried my best... While I was at Hiro's house we spoke a lot of japanese! So it has been a good day, thinking about practicing the japanese language. Jimmy has been doing some shopping for our date tomorrow <3 So I'm looking forward to that! :D

Before my date tomorrow, Steffi and I are going to the hairdresser to do something awesome to our hair. Let's just hope it goes fine, keeping in mind they most likely don't speak english! Wish me good luck!

じゃ、またね!
*ビッキー*

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar