onsdag 13. mai 2015

Day 95,96 and 97: Package from Norway, Sumo and Job as a teacher!

Hello!

Monday 11th of May

Today I got my package from my mom in Norway!!!! It fit into the mailbox at home so that was very convenient 

 Top right: "knekkebrød" 
Crispbread[1] (Swedishknäckebrödhårt brödhårdbrödspisbrödknäckeDanishknækbrødNorwegianknekkebrødFinnishnäkkileipä,EstoniannäkileibIcelandichrökkbrauðFaroeseknekkbreyðGermanKnäckebrot or KnäckeDutchknäckebröd) is a flat and dry type ofbread or cracker, containing mostly rye flour. Crispbreads are light and keep fresh for a very long time. Crispbread is a staple food[2] and was for a long time considered a poor man's diet.[3] However, in recent years there has been renewed interest in crispbread in the Nordic countries.
Top left: Taco tubs and taco spice mix! 
Bottom right: Risengrynsgrøt
In the Nordic countries, rice porridge is a common dinner, and sometimes breakfast. It is made as a warm dish from rice cooked in milk. When served, it is commonly sprinkled with cinnamon, sugar and a small knob of butter, and served with milk or fruit juice.
In the middle: tortilla
Bottom right: Melkesjokolade = milk chocolate
Freia Melkesjokolade is a Milk Chocolate from the Norwegian chocolate brand Freia and has been the most sold chocolate in Norway since the 1960s. The chocolate was launched in 1906 after a Swiss recipe, originally called 'Freia Melkechokolade'. In the 1920s it was considered ”Europas bedste spisechokolade” (Europe's best edible chocolate), and people would often add that it was Norwegian, to underline that it was not imported. It was only after the chocolate again became available after World War II, that the name was changed to "Melkesjokolade" (Milk Chocolate) due to the spelling reform of 1939.
Fox and Nox:
Fox is lemon caramel and nox is liqorice  

I also got BRUNOST! But I had to put it in the fridge right away because it was a little melted xD
Brunost, also called raudost [1] or mysost (Norwegian), or mesost (Swedish), meesjuusto (Finnish), mysuostur (Icelandic), myseost(Danish) or Braunkäse (German) is a caramelised brown Scandinavian whey cheese. The main Norwegian and the German names mean brown cheese, and the others mean simply whey cheese
Brunost is made by boiling a mixture of milkcream, and whey carefully for several hours so that the water evaporates. The heat turns the milk sugar into caramel, which gives the cheese its characteristic brown colour and sweet taste.[3] It is ready for consumption as soon as it is packed in suitable sized blocks. 
Thank you mom! You're the best <3 
I made a baby taco! The taco tubs were in one piece! 
 Later that day I met Jimmy in Shinjuku to buy myself a Japanese phone!  It's just a simple one with buttons :P But this way I can call home for example! Which is good in case something happens. We went to the SoftBank in Omotesando, because they speak English there. It all went very fast! And the salesman was very nice :) After the purchase, we ate at the Freshness burger, yum!!




Tuesday 12th of May

Today I went to watch sumo for the first time!

Sumo (相撲 sumō?) is a competitive full-contact wrestling sport where a rikishi (wrestler) attempts to force another wrestler out of a circular ring (dohyō) or to touch the ground with anything other than the soles of the feet. The characters 相撲 literally mean "striking one another".
This is at the Ryougaku station 

This is at the Ryōgoku Station (両国駅) 









 Trying to find his dad and Amanda, but Jimmy messed it up by giving wrong info, haha!
 My new phone! Now I have a japanese number, so I can actually call people in Japan and Norway!
 This is the agenda and ticket


 Jimmy, Roger and Amanda. 
 I'm dying!!!!

 So many old people fangirling over their favourite sumo wrestler! Shouting their name and stuff xD





 The inside of the arena





 This is the inside
 At first it wasnt that many, but by the end it was almost full!











 We got hungry so we bought some food! My favourite "takoyaki"

Takoyaki (たこ焼き or 蛸焼?) is a ball-shaped Japanese snack made of a wheat flour-based batter and cooked in a special takoyaki pan. It is typically filled with minced or diced octopus (tako), tempura scraps (tenkasu), pickled ginger, and green onion.[1][2] Takoyaki are brushed with takoyaki sauce, similar to Worcestershire sauce and mayonnaise. The takoyaki is then sprinkled with green laver (aonori) and shavings of driedbonito (katsuobushi). 
 This is pastry filled with custard cream!
 It was insanely rich in flavor!


 The matches are over!
 Then we all went out to eat~


Wednesday 13th of May

So today I had my first interview in Japan! I cant tell you how nervous I was for this intervew... Before taking the bus to Uni I had to take my picture in a photo boot. The picture had to be taken with the job "uniform" so I got that done. I then went to Uni in my new uniform :P  During lunch at Uni I got my awesome mentor Nobuyuki to write the kanji for me on my Japanese resume. That way it look very cool! Hehe. That was after my two classes of Japanese. Beforehand I had practiced what to say and different Japanese vocabulary. But of course I messed it up on the interview due to being so nervous, but I could speak in English so it went fine. I tried to sneak in Japanese where it seemed natural, just to show him I can speak a little Japanese, hehe :P But the interview went great, it wasn't as formal as I thought it would be; we laughed and joked. He then showed me around the floor and we talked about working hours and pay. If you didn't realize it, I got the job ^_^ I'm so happy!!! I'm going to start from week 22 (Monday 25th) I'm going to work every Monday and Wednesday, for 3 and 4 hours, and the pay is 1000 yen/hour. Of course the pay can't be compared to my teacher job in Norway, but then again, this is quite different. If I want to keep living in Japan after Uni, which I want to, it's very important to have working experience :) So I'll do my best! 
 

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar